Condo Del Sol HOUSE RULES
(Adopted by Board of Directors May 2021)
Introduction: Declarations, By-laws and Rules are the combined governing documents of CDS.
- Unit owners are responsible for informing their guests and renters of the rules of CDS.
- The Clubhouse is available for limited use by unit owners on a first-come, first-serve basis. Owners may schedule use of the clubhouse by obtaining permission from the Board or its managing agent.
- A number of Sandpoint residents (non-owners) have been using our pools, lawns, courts and lake access. This represents a liability issue to all owners. Please help monitor abuse and feel free to ask someone to leave if they are not an owner, renter, or guest of such.
- Please do not share any gate or access keys/codes.
- In the event of an emergency/perceived emergency, the managing agent and any other persons authorized by the Board of Directors has the right to enter any unit to respond to the situation. An attempt to provide a 24hr. notice to enter, for the purpose of performing non-emergency, authorized installations, alterations, or repairs to the common elements, will be given.
- Primary contact for any questions or concerns shall be the managing agent. Email: [email protected] or 208-263-7595 (this is a cell phone) A message may be left and will be responded to as soon as is possible.
- All renters MUST agree to follow and be bound by the house rules AS PART OF THE RENTAL AGREEMENT. Any renter who violates any of the rules will be subject to immediate eviction. (Owners: make sure this is posted on your rental ad.) In addition, all guests must complete the registration form on CDS’s website. Renters will not be granted access code to the gate until this is completed. Renters must also comply with the city’s short term rental rules.
- All short-term rental owners must have their units licensed with the city of Sandpoint. The license must be posted in the unit within 3 feet of the entry.
Smoking/Vaping is not allowed anywhere on Condo Del Sol property. This includes, but is not limited to, inside ANY building, unit, decks, docks, parking lot, lawns etc. This will result in a $100 fine and immediate eviction for renters.
- Loud or disturbing noises are not allowed. Reduced noise levels required between 10pm and 8am. This will result in a $100 fine and, if it is a short-term renter, they will be evicted.
- Construction activities allowed between 8am-5pm. Required Permits must be posted. Manager to be notified when workers will be on site for any work to be done in any unit.
- Any remodeling which proposes to cause an alteration to the building’s exterior, or any interior changes that affect the building’s structural integrity, must be approved in writing by the board of directors or its designee. The board, may at its discretion, require plans, drawings, engineering services, permits, etc.
- Barbequing is allowed only in the designated BBQ area.
- Personal belongings or garbage shall not be stored on any common or limited common areas including under stairways, under buildings, on lawn areas or in parking areas. Exceptions are flowerpots, door mats and flags. Bikes and scooters are to be stored only in designated bike racks provided throughout the common area.
- Posting of signs, advertising, solicitations or picketing shall not be allowed without prior written authorization by the Board of Directors or its managing agent.
- Owners and tenants are responsible for keeping hallways, entryways and lanais clean and orderly.
- PETS: No more than 2 domesticated pets per unit for owners. Guests of owners may have pets, as long as it does not exceed 2 pets/unit. Renters are NOT allowed pets on the property. A violation will result in a $500 fine.
All pets must be accompanied by their owner and on a leash. They may be off leash in designated dog area only if obedient, without hesitation, to owners voice commands. Dog Waste- all owners, regardless of weather, are responsible for picking up and properly discarding all dog waste deposited by their pet. If you are caught not picking your dog’s waste a $50 fine will be assessed. (Dog waste bags and disposal provided in dog walk area)
Pets are permitted on the lawn when walking to and from the potty area, the boat docks, a car etc. Do not let them pee on the grass as this creates dead spots for the rest of the season. They are permitted to pee on grass in the dog walking area (southwest corner of the property).
- Guest boat parking: guests can park at the end of the dock or on the retaining wall. No overnight parking.
- Any and all posted pool rules must be followed. Please be respectful to others around you (No running, diving, or rough housing)
- Pool hours are posted on the gates.
- Gates to pools must be securely closed when entering or exiting the pool.
- Children in diapers must wear a “specified for swimming” diaper in pool area.
- Children under 13 MUST be accompanied by an adult 18 years or older (STATE LAW).
The person supervising the child MUST be within the pool fence. ABSOLUTELY NO GLASS CONTAINERS IN THE POOL AREA.
- No pets within the fenced pool are OR in the pool water.
- Owners, renters & their guests are the ONLY allowed users of the pools. An owner or renter must accompany their guests at the pool. Please see the By-laws/condo declarations for further clarification regarding non-resident guests.
TENNIS, BASKETBALL, VOLLEYBALL, PICKLEBALL REGULATIONS
- No food or glass containers allowed in the court areas…non-breakable water bottles only.
- Use the courts only as intended for the appropriate sport.
- In fenced areas, gates must be closed upon entering or exiting court area.
- No black soled shoes that leave scuff marks on the court surface.
- Each occupied unit shall be entitled to one parking space adjoining the buildings. Additional vehicle shall be parked away from the buildings. No more than 2 parking spots per unit may be used. All motor vehicles must fit inside the designated parking spaces.
- Vehicles parked in non-designated areas shall be towed at the owner’s expense.
- No repairs on ANY vehicle, including watercraft/trailers is allowed anywhere on CDS property.
- If a boat or trailer is on the property for 48 hours, it will be towed at the owner’s expense, without notice.
- Vehicles must be moved, when requested, for snow removal or general maintenance. Failure to do so may result in removal of said vehicle at owner’s expense.
VIOLATIONS AND PENALTIES
The Board of Directors has authorized the manager to enforce these rules. The manager may issue written or verbal warnings for rules violations, and/or may impose fines for said violations. Any fine for rules violations shall be an assessment against the unit owner and shall be collected in the same manner as any other assessment.Unit owners are responsible for tenants and guests on the property, and rules violations by themselves, tenants, and/or guests may result in fines against the unit owner. Any unit assessed a fine for a single rule violation of $100 or more, may appear before the Board of Directors and request an abatement of said fine. Abatement will be at the discretion of the board, based on the circumstances and violation history of the owner.